Mediclinic Online Public Comments Policy and Participation and Terms and Conditions
Comments to the Mediclinic-sponsored and -branded sites, such as its blog, website, online feedback form or social media sites, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and YouTube, are welcome and encouraged, and we look forward to hearing from you. To promote respectful discussion within this forum, we request that you be courteous and constructive and avoid comments that are profane, obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, inappropriate, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable. Blogs often foster debate of an issue; users are to engage in such exchanges with mutual respect for others opinions.
By using any Mediclinic-sponsored or branded social media sites, you acknowledge that:
- The site and its health-related information and resources are not intended to be a substitute for medical advice from a physician.
- Mediclinic and its affiliates are not responsible or liable for any claim, loss or damage directly or indirectly resulting from the use of any fan page or information or resources contained or linked to that page.
- Your access of the page and other Internet sites, including information, services, products or materials are solely at your own risk.
By posting on any Mediclinic-sponsored or branded social media site (including Facebook, YouTube and others) you agree to these terms:
- If you are a Mediclinic employee you must adhere to the appropriate internal Mediclinic policies.
- For the privacy of users and their families, be advised that all postings to Mediclinic-sponsored and -branded sites will be publicly available on the Internet and therefore publicly accessible without limitation or protection of any kind. Therefore consider how much personal information to share, with the understanding that this information may be linked to your name and published on the Internet. You expressly acknowledge that you assume all responsibility related to the security, privacy, and confidentiality risks inherent in sending any content over the Internet. By its very nature, a website and the Internet cannot be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts. Mediclinic does not control the third party sites and the Internet over which you may choose to send confidential personal or health information or other content and, therefore, Mediclinic does not warrant any safeguard against any such interceptions or compromises to your information. When posting any content on an Internet site, you should think carefully about your own privacy in disclosing detailed or private information about yourself and your family. Furthermore, Mediclinic does not endorse any product, service, views or content displayed on the social media site by any third parties.
- By posting a comment or other material to Mediclinic-sponsored or branded sites as outlined above, users give Mediclinic the irrevocable right and license to exercise all copyright, publicity, and moral rights with respect to any content you provide, which includes using your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media, including but not limited to: displaying, modifying, reproducing, distributing, creating other works from, and publishing your submission. Where appropriate, e.g. with blogs, Mediclinic reserves the right to review all comments before they are posted, and to edit them to preserve readability for other users.
- Mediclinic further reserves the right to reject or remove comments for any reason, including but not limited to our belief that the comments violate this Comment Policy, to determine in its sole discretion which submissions meet its qualifications for posting, and to remove comments for any reason, including but not limited to our belief that the comments violate these Terms and Conditions. Any submissions that fail to follow these Terms and Conditions in any way or are otherwise irrelevant, will not be posted. Due to the sheer volume or appropriateness, Mediclinic will not respond to every posting, especially those that address individual medical issues.
- Mediclinic reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time in our judgment to address issues that may arise and changes in our operations or the law, and each time a user accesses a social networking site, the new policy will govern usage, effective upon posting. To remain in compliance, Mediclinic suggests that you review the Terms and Conditions, as well as the other website policies, at regular intervals. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to these Terms and Conditions.
In posting material on the Mediclinic-sponsored or branded sites, you agree not to:
- Post material that Mediclinic determines is threatening, harassing, illegal, obscene, defamatory, slanderous, or hostile towards any individual or entity.
- Post phone numbers or email addresses of yourself or any other individual or entity in the body of your comment – you cannot assume the good intentions of everyone who reads them.
- Post material that infringes on the rights of Mediclinic or any individual or entity, including privacy, intellectual property or publication rights.
- Post material that promotes or advertises a commercial product or solicits business or membership or financial or other support in any business, group or organisation except those, which are officially sponsored by Mediclinic.
- Post chain letters, post the same comment multiple times, or otherwise distribute spam via the Mediclinic-sponsored sites.
- Allow any other individual or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post comments under multiple names or using another persona’s name.
Mediclinic reserves the right to do any or all of the following:
- Ban future posts from people who repeatedly violate our Terms and Conditions. We may effect such bans by refusing posts from specific email addresses or IP addresses, or through other means as necessary.
- Remove or edit comments at any time, whether or not they violate these Terms and Conditions.
- The user agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Mediclinic, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, successors and assigns against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, causes of action, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of any claim by a third party relating to any material the user has posted on Mediclinic-sponsored sites.
By posting a comment or material of any kind on a Mediclinic-sponsored site, the user hereby agrees to the Terms and Conditions set forth above.
The information provided in this article was correct at the time of publishing. At Mediclinic we endeavour to provide our patients and readers with accurate and reliable information, which is why we continually review and update our content. However, due to the dynamic nature of clinical information and medicine, some information may from time to time become outdated prior to revision.