How to pin emergency contacts to your phone
Posted on 20 December 2016
The holiday season is the time of year when emergency services are the busiest as more people are on the roads or outdoors. We show you how to pin emergency contacts to your phone for quick access.
Pin website pages with a list of emergency numbers
- Open the web browser.
- In the website address bar, type the site for which you want to create the shortcut, in our case https://www.er24.co.za
- When the website has loaded, tap the share button at the bottom of the screen (square with arrow pointing up).
- Tap the menu item ‘Add to Home Screen’ to create the website shortcut on your home screen.
- Shorten or change the name of the shortcut to something that works for you.
- Tap ‘Add’ for the shortcut to be created on your home screen.
- Check that it’s there and you’re done.
Android: Huawei P9 (lite)
- Open Chrome or your preferred browser on your phone.
- Go to the website you want to favourite, in our case https://www.er24.co.za
- Look for the address bar and tap the three dots on the top far right of the screen.
- Select ‘Add to Home Screen’.
Bonus tip for Android: If ER24 is one of your phone contacts, you can also create a shortcut to the contact simply by pressing down on the number and selecting ‘Create shortcut’ in the options menu that pops up.
Other useful webpages worth creating a shortcut to:
- Poison information chart and helpline number
- Mediclinic: Find a hospital
- Off-road rescue emergency numbers
- National sea rescue emergency numbers
Now you can simply tap on your homescreen to access your choice of emergency contacts.