Prevention is better than cure
Posted on 31 May 2021
As we move through the COVID-19 pandemic, many individuals have grown weary of the various measures in place to reduce their risk of contracting the virus. We urge the community to continue to actively practice all possible measures, as prevention is far better than cure when it comes to COVID-19.
Here are 7 simple steps to prevent the transmission of the Corona virus:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Always wear a face mask when in public spaces, as indicated by regulations.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid closed or poorly ventilated areas. Choose outdoor venues or well-ventilated facilities when you are meeting others.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a flexed elbow or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Vaccination is your key to reduced risk
As you become eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine, please remember to register on the National Department of Health’s website. The vaccine will provide you additional protection against becoming severely ill from the virus, as well as reducing your risk of death. As each of us accepts the vaccine, we provide additional protection for those around us.
Alternative routes for registration:
- sending a WhatsApp saying “REGISTER” to 0600 123 456
- sending an sms to *134*832* followed by your ID number
- dialling *134*832# if you do not have an ID number
Experience of vaccination with the COVID-19 vaccines conclusively demonstrates that, in the rare case of becoming infected after being vaccinated, those who have been vaccinated have a lower chance of developing serious symptoms.